About the Coalition
Health promotion and disease prevention in later stages of life are necessary to a healthy ageing population but require combating ageist attitudes, beliefs and practices of society, healthcare providers and the broader policy environment.
The World Coalition on Adult Vaccination is made up of non-governmental organizations and academia, clinicians, public health and scientific experts and associations worldwide collaborating on a common agenda around a life course approach to vaccination, with special attention to later life.
Vaccine4Life, through this Coalition, calls on all champions and advocates representing constituents in the fields of health, ageing, chronic disease, public health, social justice, inter-generational solidarity, among many others, to embrace the narrative of a life course approach to vaccination.
Mobilize experts and their networks to help influence and shape policies to improve the uptake rates of adult vaccinations through prioritizing prevention, improving access, and reducing inequity.
Join the Coalition
Interested in joining the Coalition? Please apply to join the Coalition by completing the submission form below.
Benefits to joining the World Coalition on Adult Vaccination include opportunities to:
- Share lessons learned and good practices in the Coalition newsletter, V4L website, and social media platforms
- Contribute to and inform joint statements
- Join forces with national and international voices in awareness campaigns such as World Immunization Week, International Day of Older Persons and World Pneumonia Day
- Exchange knowledge, connect and collaborate with other Coalition members to be a part of a growing community calling for change.
- Find strength in numbers to raise awareness on the importance of adult vaccination around the world and help to create effective solutions